Thinking about feeding your canine friend with some exotic fruits? You may be confused as to what to feed and what not to. Don’t worry every other concerned dog owner is going through the same predicament.
Today, we have decided to end this quandary once and for all. The healthiest fruits in the world in a different manner. This post is for all those pet parents who are anxious to know about Can Dogs Eat Papaya. As a matter of fact, It’s Yes, dogs can eat papaya and no it is not harmful to them at all. This certainly takes some pressure off those owners who have been feeding papaya to their munchkin. Let us see, how does it help dogs and what should you avoid to keep it safe.
For an excellent deal on dog supplies, check out Chewy, who is offering 30% OFF Your First Order by Clicking Here
Is it true: Can Dogs Eat Papaya?
Now, that you know that papaya is good for your Fido, you should be informed that even dog food companies are incorporating papaya into their foray because of this. This shows that this fruit is safe and healthy for dogs like it is for us. Papaya can cure digestive system of elderly dogs. Amidst all this, we would still request you to run a poop test and keep your dog under in observation if you feed it with papaya for the very first time. We advise to find out more about what fruits and vegetables can dog eat to keep them protected. Any inconsistency should raise the alarm telling you that your dog is allergic to the fruit. If it stays sober, then there is no need to panic because this would make it clear that you can feed it with papaya.
Benefits of papaya for dogs
Papaya is a wonder fruit, and it has more benefits than you may know of. Here is a list of its goodness (especially for dogs):
- It is natural source of vitamins C, K, A and E
- Papaya is rich in iron, potassium, calcium and magnesium
- This works like a charm for constipated dogs
- It improves heart health and fends off cardiovascular diseases even in dogs
- It enriches their fur and coat
- Alleviates bone development particularly in puppies
- Can put up a fight against formation of a deadly disease like colon cancer
- Helps fight arthritis and gives elderly dogs some relief that suffers from it
- Keeps stomach ailments like bloating and indigestion at a Bay
You May Also Like:- Can Dogs Eat Brown Rice ?
What Not to Feed Them?
Okay, by now you may have got the hang of things about Can Dogs Eat Papaya. Also, to all this, we would like you to know what should you not do and avoid for best results. Bear these few things in mind, and you will ensure that your Tommy maintains a healthy digestive system for the rest of his life:
- Skin – Always make sure that you have peeled the whole skin of the papaya before you serve it to them. This is because the skin can cause choking and is considered to be difficult to digest by a dog. Why bring them pain? Be careful and peel out all the skin before feeding it to them.
- Seeds – Remove all kinds of seeds from the papaya as they can block the intestines. Never forget about papaya seeds side effects and always serve them the fruit without any traces of the seeds.
- Dehydrated Papaya – We would request you not to give them dehydrated papaya in any case. The reason lies in the sugar content of a dehydrated slice. We may relish a dehydrated one, but remember it has less water and high sugar. There is no need to risk them with diabetes, and the bottom line is to feed with fresh papaya you can.
- Hard – This is another predicament that many dog owners face, whether they should feed soft papayas or the hard ones. To be precise, do not feed them with hard papayas. The soft ones are the richer source of antioxidants and overall are more beneficial. This suggests that you should go for ripe and fresh one only.
For a helpful resource on how to raise your dog, Click Here to view this dog training program which contains a wealth of useful tips for puppy training.
How to feed your dog with papaya?
Make sure that you cut the fruit into small slices over large chunks. The point is, if you are feeding them with something so tasty, help them enjoy and eat it. Big chunks are a choking hazard, so you must prevent giving it to them under any circumstance.
You Can Also Try This –
In case, the fruit is unavailable to you; then you can try to feed papaya supplement to your Blush. These supplements have the same nutritional make as a natural papaya. They reap the same benefits from these supplements and rest assured you know that you have fed them with the best alternative.
So, we can say that there is no need to dispose of the papaya dog menu if you do not have it at hand. These days, you can get supplements for everything and papaya supplement for your dog is not at all something new. In fact, many elderly dogs are prescribed with these supplements for easy bowel movement. This means they are safe and you can feed your beloved with them.
A word of caution
However, we would like you to seek advice from your vet about this to know about the right dosage. You may have different sizes of the dog; your vet knows the weight and the built well. Trust them over anyone else, and this is something that we have always emphasized. Therefore, take their advice and see how you can help your Blossom live a healthy life.
You May Also Like:- Can Dogs Eat Oranges ?
Can Dogs Eat Papaya? Yes, they can is our answer, but what we need to mention here is that you need to do that in moderation. As limitation is the main mantra when it comes to dog food. You can feed them fruits but find out about what fruits can dog always eat before you feed them anything. This is a healthy practice and maintains that without puting a stop on it.