You may have found the answer to your query about can dogs eat applesauce but all you should know is how can you feed them with this to reap maximum benefits. The point is if you are a concerned dog parent (and we certainly know you are one, as reading this), then you would not like to feed them anything and everything.
An apple can keep the doctor away. True is the saying;and you will be more than happy to know that the same thing applies for dogs as well. Yes, that is correct, and if you want to feed your cutie with applesauce, then you can certainly go ahead.
Instead, you take care of their food and are watchful of what they eat. In this line of thought, one thing we repeatedly keep saying is that you need to be careful while serving them treats. Do not go overboard and serve them applesauce in moderation.
Benefits of Applesauce For Dogs
To start with it has to be stated that applesauce most definitely contains sugar. Now, if your dog is diabetic, then it is not a good idea for sure. However, what you can is to go for unsweetened applesauce even for dogs without diabetes.
So, we would recommend that you prepare applesauce at home and that too without sugar for safer results. We will soon discuss that but as for now let us focus on the health benefits of applesauce for dogs:
- If you still think what fruits can dogs eat, then you must be told that raw apples can be little tricky for dogs to eat, but applesauce is not as it is cooked thoroughly before being served
You May Also Like:- Can Dogs Eat Bread?
- You need to be careful of not feeding them the seeds as they are harmful and wreck havoc on their digestive system
- Whereas applesauce will most definitely not have this threat as the seeds need to be removed before you start cooking it
- It is easy to prepare and does not take a long time but has immense benefits
- Applesauce contains pectin that can keep down the cholesterol levels
- It can also keep the blood sugar levels provided you are feeding the unsweetened variety
- It is rich in soluble fiber
- It is also a source of vitamin C and K
- It contains calcium which is good for the bones
- The best part about applesauce is that it can be used as an ingredient for feeding, for example, you can mix it with peanut butter or yogurt and watch your pet eat to glory
- It is a gentle treat that can be frozen and given every day (but in moderation)
How to prepare applesauce (unsweetened)
If we humans can avoid sugar for good, don’t you think we should follow the same practice with dogs or any other pet as for that matter?
You May Also Like:- Can Dogs Eat Grapes?
Just consider the fact that they cannot speak and by the time you get to realize something is wrong and it is often too late. Why bother them with additional sugar and make them suffer, it is best not to give them any and this is one simple recipe that can help you bring out the best of apples for sure:
- Peel the skin off an apple
- Cut and chop it into cubes or slices as per your choice
- Don’t forget to deseed them
- Bring them to a boil in pan for about 10 to 15 minutes
- Additionally, you can pressure cook till the apples get tender
- Strain the apples
- Mash them well in a blender
- You can cool it or place the sauce into ice tray and then serve it to your four-legged friend
- You can store it in the refrigerator for a week’s time
Safeguards Against Applesauce
Okay, this is not the end of this as you need to make sure that your dog is fine after consuming applesauce. This implies that finding out can dogs eat applesauce is not the end but only a method. This process does not stop with your pooch eating it up but digesting it too. So, for that you need to ensure that it does not:
- Start throwing up all of a sudden
- This is not leading it to diarrhea
- It is not dehydrating it
- Also remember never to feed puppies with applesauce as it can make them dehydrated
- Just avoid buying the readymade ones from stores as they may contain added preservatives, color and pesticides that surely are not good to be ingested by a dog
- Again these readymade ones contain high amount sugar which should be averted by all means
How much to feed?
As we always ask you to test if they are okay with a new kind of food, the same applies process applies to applesauce also. What you can do is start by giving them one spoon and let them take their time eat as well as digest. In addition to this, we recommend you to run a poop check if possible and if things are fine then you can serve them this treat at your convenience.
You May Also Like:- Can Dogs Eat Oranges
To draw a conclusion on, applesauce and dogs we would like to request to run a check on your dog while feeding it. This is because any kind of human food that you serve them should be analyzed first with the digestive system of your canine friend. Every dog is different, they have individual likes, dislikes and also structure. This is why you need to keep
This is why you need to keep tab on your dog once feed them anything new. If they can digest it, then you are good to go and applesauce should be no exception to this. We know the smell of fresh apples can be tempting and applesauce is too delicious to be ignored by anyone.
10 People Foods Dogs Can Eat Too
So if you are still thinking about can dogs eat applesauce, then you must have found all the answers by now. Rest assured your dog will have a good time with this treat without a doubt.
We are Preparing our new post on can dogs eat aronia berries, raspberries for dogs, can dogs have bing cherries, can dogs eat grapes safely, can dogs have broccoli , best vegetables for dogs, good fruits for dogs, are snap peas good for dogs, can my dog eat pretzels, can dogs have pretzels, can dogs have plums. Stay Updated and feel free to express your thoughts via comment box.